Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
Our message of solidarity with the people of Ukraine has been moved to the sidebar posts, and will remain on top until this conflict has been resolved peacefully.
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- EUBS2020 Annual Scientific Meeting: Our 46th Annual Scientific Meeting has ended. It was a fruitful conference with great social events! And meeting in person again after three years was precious! We thank the local committee for this wonderful organization – hope they enjoy their Belgium beer :))
This year’s Zetterström Award for best poster presentation went to Dr Sanjin Kovacevic and the Patrick Musimu award for the best apnea study went to Dr Frank Pernett. We congratulate them, and of course their teams and co-workers too !
Finally, “the bell” has already started its journey to Porto, Portugal where we will be meeting next year. Dates are 13-16 September 2023 – so save the date already !
One quick note about the certificates of attendance. They will be sent by email in a few days. Don’t forget to check your mailboxes !
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal: The June 2022 issue of DHM has been published and is accessible to all EUBS members. Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service will receive a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox within the next 2 weeks. Meanwhile, this Vol52 No.2 issue of DHM is immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- EUBS Webinar: The second Webinar on December 15, 2021, on ‘Good Clinical Practice in HBO Therapy’, was organised in order to provide our membership and all interested professionals with scientific updates and education in the field of hyperbaric and diving medicine. Over 550 persons registered and throughout the webinar over 400 particiapnts were online – a resounding success. Comments were unanimously positive. The recorded webinar can be re-viewed free on the Webinar page.
- The COVID-19 Guidelines and Recommendations: The EUBS, together with the European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) have issued several guidelines and recommendations for hyperbaric centres and diving activities. The hyperbaric environment creates unique challenges and risks, that need to be considered and evaluated, besides the general recommendations issued by local, national and international health care authorities. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: