Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- IMPORTANT : EUBS2020 Annual Scientific Meeting POSTPONED: Due to the current COVID-19 situation in many countries and the ongoing uncertainties as to how this will evolve during the next months, EUBS ExCom has had to make the difficult but inevitable decision to postpone our 46th Annual Scientific Meeting, planned in Prague, Czech Republic, from Sept 16-19, 2020, to the next year. This decision has not been made lightly, as we are fully aware of the importance, both scientifically and socially, of an “in-person” gathering of our members. However, as the time of our meeting comes closer, we needed to consider increasing cancellation costs and a possibly very low attendance. Our 46th Annual Scientific Meeting will thus take place in Prague, Czech Republic, in September 2021. Those that have already registered will be contacted by the Organising Committee.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is affecting activities of hyperbaric centres all over Europe. The European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) has issued several guidelines and recommendations for hyperbaric centres and diving activities. The hyperbaric environment creates unique challenges and risks, that need to be considered and evaluated, besides the general recommendations issued by local, national and international health care authorities. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
A Call for Interest for COVID-19 Research has been posted on the “Research” page.
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal: TheMarch 2020 issue of DHM has been published, and is accessible to all EUBS members. Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service will receive a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox within the next 2 weeks. Meanwhile, this Vol50 No 1 issue of DHM is immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events for the coming year 2020. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: