Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- EUBS2019 Annual Scientific Meeting: Our annual meeting (this year themed: Hyperbaric Medicine and the Brain) will take place in Israel, in the vibrant city of Tel Aviv, from Sep 9-12, 2019. Several pre- and post-conference Workshops are scheduled, so please check out the Meeting Website at www.eubs2019.com. If you have not yet registered, it is now high time to do so ! This is your Society’s annual meeting, and the one time per year where we can meet and discuss with such a large number of friends and colleagues – an opportunity not to be missed !
- EUBS Elections: As every year, the EUBS needs to elect a new Member at Large, to serve a three-year term on the Executive Committee. The candidates list has been finalised by ExCom and elections will be held by internet ballot, as usual. You can already see the candidates’ CV here. If you have not received an e-mail invitation to vote by July 31st, please contact us at email@example.com. The ballots are sent by the “Electionrunner” system – which might in some cases end up in your Spam Folder. Therefore, before contacting us, check your Spam folder for an e-mail entitled “Your Invitation to Vote” sent by “firstname.lastname@example.org”!
- DHM Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal: The June 2019 issue of our scientific journal, Volume 49(2), is available online ! As usual, this issue will be embargoed for the duration of one year from public access and is only accessible to EUBS (and SPUMS) members, by logging in to their Membership Pages on the EUBS website. Those members who have selected the “print service” option will receive a paper copy of this issue in their mailbox within the next week or so; however, please remember that the electronic journal is the only official journal copy and offers significant interactive features (hyperlinks to references, supplemental scientific material,…) that are not available in print. After the one-year embargo, the journal is available for viewing and for downloading in PDF format, free of charge, on the DHM website www.dhmjournal.com.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events for the coming year 2019. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: