Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
Our message of solidarity with the people of Ukraine has been moved to the sidebar posts, and will remain on top until this conflict has been resolved peacefully.
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- Our 47th Annual Scientific Meeting of EUBS in the beautiful seaside city of Porto (Oporto), Portugal, was a great success! The local organising committee, chaired by Dr Oscar Camacho of the Matosinhos Hyperbaric Unit and Chairman of the Portuguese Hyperbaric and Diving Medicine College, did a wonderful job, and both the scientific as the social programme were thoroughly enjoyed. It is safe to say that the EUBS Meeting again yielded many formal and informal contacts – this is one of the main purposes of meeting in-person as opposed to virtual conferences. The “‘conference bell’ has now officially been handed over to Professor François Guerrero, who will be the Secretary-General of our 2024 Annual Meeting in Brest, France.
- The September 2023 issue of DHM will be published on Sept 30th, and is accessible to all EUBS members. For instructions on how to access the Journal, please see here.
Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service will receive a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox within the following 2 weeks.
Meanwhile, this Vol53 No 3 issue of DHM will be immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- ECHM-EUBS Joint Position Statement: The EUBS, together with the European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) have issued a Position Statement on the use of so-called ‘low-pressure hyperbaric chambers’ in humans. This statement is now published in DHM Journal (reference: )can be downloaded here. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: