Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
As scientists, devoted to human wellbeing, we abhor the use of military violence to resolve any conflict, be it political or economic, between free independent states. The Russian attack on Ukraine is a flagrant and utterly unacceptable act of violence and we urge all political and economical leaders worldwide to react strongly with any diplomatic or economic measures necessary to stop this senseless invasion.
We are calling upon the Russian Federation and its leaders to end this aggression immediately, and express our undivided solidarity with the people of Ukraine.
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- EUBS2020 Annual Scientific Meeting: After 2 years of postponing, we finally feel confident that our Annual Scientific Meeting will be possible as a ‘in person’ event, and we have now opened the registration and abstract submission for our Meeting in Prague, Czech Republic, from August 31 to September 3.
All details for the meeting are available on the website www.eubs2020.com – yes, the name of the website has not changed, paying tribute to the patience we’ve all had. We hope you are as excited as we are and will be able to join us for the first ‘post-COVID’ scientific meeting.
Early bird registration rates are available until May 31st, and hotel accommodation is expected to be scarce in that period, so hurry and book early ! Send your abstract and start preparing ! Your friends will be there too :))
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal: The March 2022 issue of DHM will be published in a few days, and is accessible to all EUBS members. Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service will receive a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox within the next 2 weeks. Meanwhile, this Vol52 No.1 issue of DHM is immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- EUBS Webinar: The second Webinar on December 15, 2021, on ‘Good Clinical Practice in HBO Therapy’, was organised in order to provide our membership and all interested professionals with scientific updates and education in the field of hyperbaric and diving medicine. Over 550 persons registered and throughout the webinar over 400 particiapnts were online – a resounding success. Comments were unanimously positive. The recorded webinar can be re-viewed free on the Webinar page.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is affecting activities of hyperbaric centres all over Europe. The European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) has issued several guidelines and recommendations for hyperbaric centres and diving activities. The hyperbaric environment creates unique challenges and risks, that need to be considered and evaluated, besides the general recommendations issued by local, national and international health care authorities. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events for the coming year 2022. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: