Postdoc Research Associate – Biomedical Engineering @UNC
A post-doctoral research position is available working with the team of research assistant professor Dr. Virginie Papadopoulou, as part of the Biomedical Ultrasound Laboratory of Professor Paul Dayton at UNC Chapel Hill (https://daytonlab.sites.unc.edu/). This position will support research in biomedical ultrasound processing and computer vision. Tasks will include machine learning (ML), image and signal processing, and implementation in both laboratory and clinical environments. The postdoctoral research scholar will have the opportunity to advise graduate and undergraduate students in the lab, work with collaborators at Duke University (NC), University of California San Diego (UCSD, CA), and the research foundation Divers Alert Network (NC).
Applicants are expected to have a Ph.D. in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics (or a related field) on a topic in medical data analysis/image processing, machine learning applied to computer vision (or a related area).
This Full Time position will involve working with a team as well as preparing papers, reports, and contributing to grants, and thus excellent writing and communication skills are required. Essential research skills will include computer programming. Experience with MatLab and/or TensorFlow will be valuable. Prior experience with ultrasound systems and acoustics is not a requirement, but will be beneficial.
Applicants should send a PDF CV/resume and personal statement, with contact info for three references, to email@example.com . You must use “post doc in biomedical ultrasound” in the email subject.
Quick link: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/181062
2019-2020 Divers Alert Network (USA) Career Opportunities
Divers Alert Network is looking to recruit for several positions:
- A Professional Membership Specialist
- A Member Relations Specialist
- to assist members by answering questions from incoming calls, voicemails and emails. Problem-solve, troubleshoot and provide support to members while providing a high level of customer service. As a member of the team, you are the frontline of the organization.
- A Liability Insurance Specialist
- You will have exemplary knowledge and be able to assess clients’ needs of all professional service and/or insurance programs offered by DAN. You maintain a high standard of customer service while effectively responding to questions and providing program details from incoming calls, voicemails and emails. The ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues or address the concerns of clients while developing a satisfactory resolution is essential.
You can find these and more on the DAN USA Careers webpage.
If you enjoy working with people and share a passion for scuba diving, DAN would like to hear from you. To submit a résumé for consideration, please do one of the following:
- Email it: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it: +1-919-493-3456, Attn: HR/Personnel Department.
- Mail it: HR Department, Divers Alert Network, 6 West Colony Place, Durham, NC 27705 USA
DAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.