Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- EUBS Webinar: In order to provide our membership and all interested professionals with scientific updates and education in the field of hyperbaric and diving medicine, EUBS will organize a second Webinar on December 15, 2021, on ‘Good Clinical Practice in HBO Therapy’. Visit our Webinar page for all information and FREE registration !
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal: The September 2021 issue of DHM has been published, and is accessible to all EUBS members. Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service will receive a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox within the next 2 weeks. Meanwhile, this Vol51 No 3 issue of DHM is immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- EUBS2020 Annual Scientific Meeting POSTPONED TO 2022: The new Calendar for EUBS Meetings will now be: 2022 – Prague, Czech Republic / 2023 – Porto, Portugal / 2024 – Brest, France / 2025 – Turku, Finland.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is affecting activities of hyperbaric centres all over Europe. The European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) has issued several guidelines and recommendations for hyperbaric centres and diving activities. The hyperbaric environment creates unique challenges and risks, that need to be considered and evaluated, besides the general recommendations issued by local, national and international health care authorities. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
A Call for Interest for COVID-19 Research has been posted on the “Research” page.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events for the coming year 2020. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: