Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal: The June 2021 issue of DHM has been published, and is accessible to all EUBS members. Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service will receive a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox within the next 2 weeks. Meanwhile, this Vol51 No 2 issue of DHM is immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- EUBS ExCom Elections: The elections for a new Member at Large and a new Vice-President for EUBS have been opened on Jun 17th, and all Full Members of EUBS have received an e-mail with the ballot and a link to vote securely. Please contact the EUBS Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have not received an e-mail to vote. First check your spam folder. Voting is possible until August 15th so please vote now, otherwise you will forget ! You can read all CVs on the Elections page accessible from the top menu.
- EUBS2020 Annual Scientific Meeting POSTPONED TO 2022: The COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc and even though all over the world, vaccination campaigns are under way, it does not seem likely that unrestricted travel will be possible in the next 6 months. Even if traveling abroad may be allowed, the prospect of quarantine upon return to one’s own country would make attending a three day conference less attractive.
Combined with the decrease of hyperbaric and diving activities and the increased workload for most of the medical professionals as a consequence of COVID-19, the EUBS ExCom has decided to postpone our Annual Scientific Meeting for yet another year.This means that the new Calendar for EUBS Meetings will now be: 2022 – Prague, Czech Republic / 2023 – Porto, Portugal / 2024 – Brest, France / 2025 – Turku, Finland.In order to provide our membership and all interested professionals with scientific updates and education in the field of hyperbaric and diving medicine, EUBS will organize one or more Webinars in the second half of 2021, similar to the first Webinar on March 10 of this year. Stay tuned for more information !
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is affecting activities of hyperbaric centres all over Europe. The European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) has issued several guidelines and recommendations for hyperbaric centres and diving activities. The hyperbaric environment creates unique challenges and risks, that need to be considered and evaluated, besides the general recommendations issued by local, national and international health care authorities. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
A Call for Interest for COVID-19 Research has been posted on the “Research” page.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events for the coming year 2020. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: