Welcome to the website of the European Underwater and Baromedical Society !
Our message of solidarity with the people of Ukraine has been moved to the sidebar posts, and will remain on top until this conflict has been resolved peacefully.
The EUBS is the European scientific society dedicated to the study and promotion of diving and hyperbaric medicine, a fascinating but all too little known field of medicine.
This website is intended to provide you with information on the goals and activities of our Society. You will find information on our Annual Scientific Meeting, as well as reprints of the Society’s Journal. This site is updated on a regular basis, so check it out from time to time.
- 48th Annual Scientific Meeting of EUBS:
After the great success of its 47th edition in Porto, the EUBS Annual Scientific Meeting will move to Brest (France) for its 48th meeting which will take place from 16–20 September 2024. At the heart of a beautiful harbour, Brest is a city oriented towards the ocean. As a military, commercial and yachting port with one of Europe’s largest centres dedicated to the sea, the city has a centuries-old maritime tradition. The region has managed to preserve its beauty and authenticity, and its coastline, dotted with magnificent beaches and lighthouses, is well worth a visit.
EUBS will therefore be delighted to welcome you to participate in this Meeting to contribute to its success.
Keep monitoring the website https://eubs2024.sciencesconf.org/ for all the news and updates.
- The December 2023 issue of DHM has been published on Dec 23th, and is accessible to all EUBS members. For instructions on how to access the Journal, please see here.
Those EUBS members that have selected a membership with Print Service have received a properly printed paper copy in their mailbox.
Meanwhile, this Vol53 No 4 issue of DHM is immediately available for on-screen reading and downloading in PDF format in your Members Area !
- ECHM-EUBS Joint Position Statement: The EUBS, together with the European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) have issued a Position Statement on the use of so-called ‘low-pressure hyperbaric chambers’ in humans. This statement is now published in DHM Journal and can be downloaded here. All Position Statements and recommendations are collected on the “Endorsed docs and guidelines” page of this website.
- EUBS membership: Please see the Membership Application page. You can renew online by accessing your membership pages from this website, for at least one year after your “drop out”. If you cannot access your membership pages (anymore) to renew, please send us an e-mail, we’ll be happy to restore your account.
- Events, courses and announcements: check out our Courses and Events page for updated information and new events. All info and links can be found here !
Feel free to send comments to: